What I have learned about renovating on a real budget
1. Your not going to get everything you want, you may get about half of what you want (maybe).
2. Your end product is not going to be the centre spread of a designer magazine.
3. You have to make purchases on what you can afford. If you want to splurge on an item your are going to have to reduce on another.
4. You will be sticker shocked at the cost of trades and wonder why the hell you didn’t go to school for plumbing or electrical.
5. Unexpected costs will come up, you can count on this.
6. You will go over budget.
7. No matter how well you think you plan and have it all organized there will be delays.
8. No matter how well you think you plan and have it all organized you will be stressed.
9. It will take up to a year or more to have it decorated the way you would like. Since your budget is blown you have to buy one-two home decor pieces at a time.
10. You will have a nicely renovated space that you can enjoy with your family and friends.