On arriving to my appointment it was a bustle of people and lovely ladies sitting in chairs surrounded by reflective mirrors and beautiful displays of make up. I was excited to meet my make up artist for Stila. Of course she had amazing winged eyes done with the famous Stila liquid eyeliner. I wanted a holiday glam look and was most interested in trying out their shadows with glitter. I know, they had me at glitter too. Holiday and glitter, sugar and spice, apple and cinnamon, bread and butter. I decided on purple glitter shadow and purple eyeliner. They are great colors for making green eyes pop.
Before my job starting taking up 10-12 hours of my day I was doing lots of research and practice on contouring. I took this as an opportunity to have a professional teach me about contouring. We had about the same amount of knowledge and I think she had more practice but I wasn’t all that pleased with her contouring skills. I ended up purchasing the contouring kit to do more at home practice. That was a least 2 weeks ago and I have not even opened the package.
Overall, I wasn’t blown away by the Stila products and they are pretty expensive not be loving them. I did receive a really nice holiday clutch and a bag of product from Shoppers that I will probably give away.
It is always a good experience when you get to try out a variety of products in a new to you line.
Another great thing about purchasing from Shoppers Drug Mart is you get Optimum points and with the purchases I made this day and the bonus points you received on this particular day I scored $60.oo in free merchandised.
With the heat of Summer and beach days only weeks away I am all about quick, easy make-up application. Even though I am religious about sunscreen on my face I still tend to get some color and don’t often use foundation at all in the Summer. I tend to want sparkle in the Summer more then ever. So when I was on a little shopping trip I happened to walk by this make up store, you know the one Sephora. In fact, I think I made three trips there this month. It was my birthday month so there was lots of treating to be had and since Chris handed me 100.00 to spend for my birthday I happily leaped into the store. Here are my treasures.
1. Urban Decay Naked illuminated-You want glitter this will certainly deliver. Many may find this glitter overboard, me not so much. My face will be diamonds in the sun all Summer long.
2. Nars Super Orgasm Blush-This pinky peached toned blush has you guess it larger gold glitter pieces in it. I now have both the orgasm and the super orgasm. With orgasm you get shimmer with super orgasm you get shimmer and glitter. Here is the thing if you tap your brush before applying the super orgasm you can tap off all the gold glitter before it even gets to your awaiting cheeks. Now we wouldn’t want that now would we?
3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer-I had to get this. I couldn’t read one more review about how fabulous this product is without actually having one. So I sunk my 35.00 into this little tube of what I believed would be the solution to all my eye problems forever and ever. I can’t tell you how disappointed I was. So much so that I actually consider taking it back. That is right, back to the store. I even reviewed the Sephora return policy as I have never returned something unless it was damaged. I gave it some time and tried it some more and here is the compromise. As an eye concealer it didn’t work for me because it caused creases and I don’t need to create wrinkles that are not actually there but as a highlighter I really like it. So true to its name, it is radiant and brightening.
5. Make up Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation-I picked this up for Summer days when all I will apply is sunscreen and this powder before heading out the door. Who am I kidding? I will have lips and mascara too but no foundation per say.I am really liking this so far.
6. Real Techniques Brush Set-Someday I plan to learn more about contouring and this set will be there to help, until then I am loving the buffing brush with the Duo Mat Powder Foundation.
One more photo for the road as I continue to practice my picture taking skills.